- it makes me more aware of what's going on. should i post about this, or this, or that? or it is too mundane? or should i keep that to myself? yep, i'll keep that to myself but maybe i'll share this. need to remember to take a picture or 2 of that.
- i take pictures of things that i normally wouldn't. let me just take a picture of a picture sitting on my nightstand. oh, and i need a picture of that receipt. seriously, though, i take random pictures of the kiddos that i probably otherwise might not take. looking back in my digital albums, the more recent months are definitely beefier. and i like that.
- i have a little more adult conversation, even if it is monologue. does that technically count as conversation? i suppose the comments make it so it does?
- it prompts me to try new things - like recipes, projects, and ideas. dunno why, but maybe it's just more fun to share new experiences with someone else? it's also inspiration to see new things posted on other blogs.
- it connects me with other people that i might not otherwise keep in touch with.
- it's a journal of day-to-day things that i can refer to
if i everwhen i get caught up on photo albums again.
- relatives who are not-so-near seem to enjoy the kidlet updates, and i like to share them.
- i love your comments
- there's no schedule. i can spout off when the urge strikes, and keep quiet when it doesn't. of course, then i just have excess pressure in my head. so, usually, i write up a quick post.
- surely there's a 10th reason? hmmm. since i'm no longer
workingemployed for pay, blogging helps me keep up with some technology. i can still type, and can still navigate the internet. i'm getting a little toooo efficient at dishwasher-and-laundry-turn-around-time, so it's good to spread myself in other directions.