we all enjoyed another quick trip to dallas this week. since i didn't take a SINGLE picture (shame on me!) i will share some fun facts about the trip.
1. it takes approximately 3 1/2 hours for me and 2 sweet things to try out each and every chair in IKEA. we left the beds alone, and i wasn't about to point out that the cabinets in the kitchens often hold fun surprises.
2. we set a new record (i think since before we had kids?) on travel time without stops. left IKEA and made it allllll the way home in 4 hours because we DID NOT stop!
3. kids always try new things on trips (at least ours do). this time, thing 1 decided to try the throw-myself-down-on-the-floor tantrum. multiple times. ugh. thing 2 decided that she'd like to stay awake until 10:30. ugh.
4. our rental vehicle was a newer version of our vehicle, and i wasn't even sad that it wasn't mine. yes, it was nice to see 13,000 on the odometer instead of 198,000, but it was a little toooo bouncy for me. i guess that's what a new suspension system'll do for ya? plus, i'm not used to having useless info like transmission temperature to sort through when i'm trying to find the miles to empty screen. oh yeah, one more thing - that goofy camera for reverse? well, it shows the view on the rear view mirror which should be handy. funny thing is, i almost backed into a car driving behind my parking spot because the camera eye didn't catch it. OOPS. good thing for horns.
5. totally enjoyed our first perk from too many nights stayed with marriott. we've gotten plenty of free rooms via rewards points, but now we've got a few other perks too - one of which is a free upgrade whenever available. something sweet about a little extra room in a hotel! this time, it meant we got a living room (read: play room!).